Party Walls Act

Party Walls

The Party Wall etc Act 1996, applies where someone wishes to carry out work on or close to a boundary. The work may be the erection of a new structure, changes to an existing structure or an intention to carry out excavations within a specified distance of an Adjoining Owner's property. A common situation is if you want to install the end of a beam into a party wall or undertake foundation excavations to facilitate an extension near to a neighbouring property. Another situation is if you want to remove an adjoining chimney. In many of these situations notice may need to be served in accordance with the Act and a subsequent Award may be required.

Stimson and Tieken have experience in dealing with the Party Wall Etc Act 1996 in the Penzance, St Ives, Hayle , Helston, Falmouth, Camborne, Redruth areas together with many other parts of Cornwall.

For advice on party walls in Cornwall, contact us on 01736 788880 or at